You would be lying if you said you didn’t fall for the fall foliage in Western North Carolina. Did you know that because of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville experiences some of the longest fall color seasons in the country? We think that’s pretty cool! Here’s a crazy concept, What if you brought these same vibrant autumn colors into your home to last all year round- picture burnt oranges, rich reds, crisp golds, warm browns, the list could go on and on. Now that you’ve planted the idea in your head, let’s go over how to transform your space just in time for the new season.
Your Fall Paint House Guide
After looking into what we consider to be the best colors for your fall paint transformation, we compiled the following color schemes for each room and area of your home so you don’t have to!
- Red is known for making statements and attracting the most attention. Consider using various shades of red in rooms like the dining room or the living room. Deep, rich shades of red, such as cranberry or rusty red, will add warmth and spice to your space.
- Yellow is one of those colors that could land in either the bold or neutral category. Yellow is notorious for being the color of joy and friendship. Go for warm golden yellows in your foyer or hallway to create a welcoming entryway. It will bring a smile to your friends and family when entering your home!
- Want to turn your space from bland to brilliant? Orange is a warm color, perfect for areas or rooms where you want to encourage social interaction and creativity. We suggest using shades like pumpkin or rust in your kitchen, breakfast nook, or even a home office.
- Deep browns with splashes of amber throughout could be just the color you are missing in your home. When we think of brown, we think of it being an earthy color that can be used in various rooms. Browns can really bring out your home’s natural character. Try shades like chocolate, coffee, or mocha in your bedroom for a calm and soothing atmosphere.
- Yes, we know green signifies the beginning of spring so it might not be the first color that comes to mind when you think of fall. Deep, earthy greens like olive or sage can bring a touch of the outdoors inside. Didn’t someone say green means genius or did we make that up? Either way, it would make for a killer office or home library paint color.
When choosing paint shades, it’s essential to consider the lighting conditions in each room. Natural light can affect how colors appear, so it’s a good idea to test samples in your space before making a final decision. DAB Painting, your go-to interior painter in Asheville, can provide professional guidance on the best shades for your specific lighting situation.
We want to help you transform your living spaces- let’s work together and get creative on how to really make your space pop this fall! Ready to bring the colors of autumn indoors? Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you.