Small bathrooms, such as apartment bathrooms or a guest half-bath or powder room can sometimes be hard to choose a color for. The biggest challenge is finding something that makes the room feel larger rather than more confining. As one of the premier painting services in Buncombe County NC, we know a thing or two about that. Today we’ll be sharing some insight on the best color palettes to use for maximizing and updating your small bathroom spaces.
When it comes to small spaces, we’ve heard experts say many times that light colors are the way to go. The white palette does such a fantastic job of reflecting light and giving an airy, spacious vibe to even the tiniest of rooms. And just because it’s white doesn’t mean it can’t have a warmth to its tone. Check out a couple of our favorites:
- Benjamin Moore Collector’s Item AF-45 White with subtle pink undertones
- Benjamin Moore Mountain Peak White 2148-70 A classic, clean white
- Benjamin Moore White Vanilla 2017-70 Warm and soothing, just like vanilla
Our professional painters in Asheville recommend a high gloss finish to your choice of white to add even more light and reflection. This is especially effective if you have a skylight or small window.
The grey palette has grown in popularity over the course of the last 10 years and bathrooms are the perfect setting to leverage a wide variety of greys. Choose an accent color or two that you love and pair it with a warm or cool grey to balance out your bathroom space.
- Benjamin Moore Gray Owl OC-52 A simple, uncomplicated and modern grey that will go well with just about anything
- Benjamin Moore City Shadow CSP-60 This shade of grey has a bit more depth to it and pairs well with a cool beige or a pop of yellow
Neutral colors that we’ve seen work well in small bathrooms tend to have beige or rose undertones. When done right, the finished product will have a warm tone to it, allowing you to avoid a sterile, cold feeling. Two of our favorites include:
- Benjamin Moore Sand Pebble 2105-50 Light taupe with undertones of rose that will pair well with a creamy white trim or even a bold teal accent wall
- Benjamin Moore Sorrel Brown 1236 Part of Benjamin Moore’s classic collection – a warm cocoa shade
Even though the word “neutral” typically implies a less vibrant choice, we don’t find that to be a negative with paint colors. This palette is excellent for creating a calming, spa-like environment that’s perfect for a small bathroom.
Consider trying something from a blue, purple or red family if you are ready to give something a little bolder a try. The following are our favorites for giving your small bathroom a pop of personality:
- Benjamin Moore Juniper 2048-20 Sweet, playful turquoise blue
- Benjamin Moore Scandinavian Blue 2068-30 A soulful purple that leans into the blue palate
- Benjamin Moore Parisian Red CSP-1170 Sophisticated red that will really pop against a white or grey trim
D.A.B. Painting has simplified the professional painting experience—we make sure your house painting project is done well the first time. Whether you want a new coat of paint to hide the wear and tear on your home’s exterior or you’re looking for help with painting your bathroom remodel, our Asheville house painters can help! Call today for your free estimate.