Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and food. But, it’s also a time when your home can take a beating from the extra foot traffic, spills, and general wear and tear. You’ve probably never thought about it like that. If you’ve recently had your house painted or plan to before the holiday season, you’ll want to make sure your paint job remains in top-notch condition. Your favorite home interior painters in Asheville have some tips for protecting your paint job(s)!
- Invest in Quality Paint- This initial investment will pay off in the long run as quality paints are more resistant to stains and scuffs. We recommend both Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore for a high quality end-result.
- Schedule Touch-Ups- If your paint job is relatively new, consider scheduling a touch-up. Touch-ups can address minor issues, like scuffs and chips before they become major problems.
- Protective Coatings- Applying protective coatings over your painted surfaces can add an extra layer of defense.
- Keep Walkways Clear- Thanksgiving often means having more guests than usual, so ensure that your walkways and hallways are clear of clutter to prevent accidental damage to the walls.
- Place Protective Coverings- Consider using temporary protective coverings, like area rugs in busy areas of your home.
- Stain-Resistant Paint- If you’re planning to repaint a specific area, look for stain-resistant paint options. These paints are designed to repel stains, making it easier to clean up any spills or messes that might occur during holiday gatherings.
- Be Prepared- Have cleaning supplies handy in case of accidents. A quick response to spills can prevent long-lasting damage to your paint job.
- Educate Your Guests- Politely inform your guests about the freshly painted areas in your home and kindly ask them to be mindful. Most people will appreciate the heads-up and be more cautious.
- Regular Maintenance- Even after Thanksgiving, it’s essential to maintain your paint job. Regularly dusting and cleaning painted surfaces can prevent dirt and grime from accumulating and causing damage over time.
Protecting your paint job from the wear and tear that Thanksgiving may bring is essential to keeping your home looking fresh for the rest of the year. By following these tips, you can enjoy a beautiful and well-preserved paint job throughout the holiday season and more. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Dab Painting LLC for top-quality service and assistance with all your painting needs. Your home will thank you!